Policy: March 2014
Clinical: 2014 #1
Network 36: Feb 2014
There has been a steady trickle of comments on our online forums regarding the state of primary care based treatment in certain areas of the UK. In order to provide our service to the best of our abilities, and advocate nationally for best practice in primary care treatment for people who use drugs and/or alcohol problematically, we need to know what is going on.
SMMGP may be able to provide targeted support for primary care based drug
treatment in local areas, if we have the information we need.
Please let us hear your thoughts...
- SMMGP Snap Survey: What is going on with primary care based treatment in your area?
- World Report: Doctors Criticise UN's Approach to Global Drugs Control
- SMMGP Policy Update March 2014 now online
- Physicians demand global drug policy reform in UN meeting (Vienna, 17-Mar-2014)
- IDHDP - Attention all doctors!
- SMMGP Clinical Update 2014 #1 now online
- See other news items...
- IDTS Nurse, West Yorkshire (Sanctuary Personnel)
- Prison Substance Misuse GP, Greater Manchester (Sanctuary Personnel)
- Locum Prison Substance Misuse GP, South Yorkshire (Sanctuary Personnel)
- Locum Prison Substance Misuse GP, North West of England (Sanctuary Personnel)
- Locum Prison Substance Misuse GP, North East of England (Sanctuary Personnel)
- Locum Prison Substance Misuse GP, London (Sanctuary Personnel)
- Prison GP and Nurses for Primary Care and Substance Misuse (Med-Co (Europe) Ltd)
- Clinical Specialist Nurse (Turning Point)
- Clinical Specialist Nurse Prescriber (Turning Point)
- Sessional Substance Misuse GP or Other Specialist (Ridgacre Medical Centres)
- GPs with Secure Environment Based Substance Misuse Knowledge (Med-Co (Europe) Ltd)
- Locum Doctor (Addaction)
- Consultant Psychiatrist with a Special Interest in Addictions (Sanctuary Personnel)
- Addictions Doctors (Sanctuary Personnel)
- Clinical Lead on Gambling (RCGP)
- GPs/Psychiatrists with a Special Interest in Addictions & Substance Misuse (Evergood Associates)
- Advertise your jobs here! Contact us for details...
SMMGP acted as advisors to the RSA on this short film, which came out of their Whole Person Recovery project, about the role of GPs in the recovery process.
- 01-May-14 : SMMGP Primary Care Special Interest Training Day - Addiction to Medicines
- 07-May-14 : 2nd European Harm Reduction Conference
- 14-May-14 : RCGP/SMMGP 19th National Conference - Managing Drug and Alcohol Problems in Primary Care
- 15-May-14 : Legal Highs - A One Day Training Course
- 21-May-14 : Practical Solutions for Managing Mental Health in Primary Care
- 11-Jun-14 : RCGP Certificate in the Management of Alcohol Problems in Primary Care
- 24-Jun-14 : Global Addiction 2014 Conference: "The Impact of Addiction - Patient Care and Beyond"
- 23-Oct-14 : SMMGP 9th National Primary Care Development Conference
- 23-Oct-14 : European Conference on Hepatitis C and Drug Use
- 2014 : Master of Addictive Behaviours (Monash University, Australia)
- Ongoing : Moving Parents and Children Together (M-PACT) Accreditation
14-15 May 2014, Stratford-upon-Avon
This joint RCGP and SMMGP conference is the largest event in the UK for GPs, shared care workers, drug users, nurses and other primary care staff, specialists, commissioners and researchers interested in, and involved with the management of drug users in primary care.
See the Courses & Events page for more details...