Free SMMGP Membership Application
SMMGP is a national membership organisation for those who have an interest in primary care based treatment of people who use alcohol and drugs. It is important that primary care has an organised voice within the sector. Membership helps us to hear your opinions, consult with you more easily and represent your views.
Membership is FREE OF CHARGE. All you need to is complete the form below.
Note: You can also use this form to let us know if your mailing details change e.g. if you move to a new address, want to use a different e-mail address, or if you want to be taken off the mailing list altogether.
The benefits of membership include:
- Receiving regular Clinical and Policy Updates and newsletters.
- Being part of the SMMGP community via our website, e-learning and discussion forums.
- Being part of a large primary care led membership organisation (7500+) representative of people who work in the drug and alcohol field.
- Being consulted on matters concerning the treatment field and having your views represented.
- Invitation to membership events, discounts.
- Network newsletter.
The more people that join, the stronger the voice of primary care practitioners in the substance misuse treatment field - this is more important now than ever before!
Any information you supply will be treated as strictly confidential and will not be passed on to any third party.
Please complete the form below, and then click the 'Register' button to send us your details. If you have any questions please Contact Us.
- You must include your name and a valid e-mail address.
- If you do not provide sufficient information, then your request will not be processed.
If you would prefer to send your application in by e-mail or post, please feel free to download the application form below in Adobe Acrobat PDF format and return to the address provided on the form:
- Download the SMMGP Membership Application Form (DOC, 48K)
(This one is best if you are returning the form via e-mail)
- Download the SMMGP Membership Application Form (PDF, 68K)
(This one is best if you are returning the form via post)
We have found that a very small number of SMMGP Members may not be receiving the e-mails they expect from SMMGP. This may include requested e-mail copies of the Network Newsletters and/or SMMGP Updates.
There are many possible reasons why this might happen, including the following:
- If the recipient's mailbox is full, SMMGP e-mails may be "bounced" back or just lost altogether.
- SMMGP e-mails may be incorrectly classed as "spam" or "junk" by the recipient's internet security, firewall or e-mail software. In this case they may be automatically deleted or placed in a separate "junk e-mail" folder. It is not possible to predict whether or not this may happen since it depends on the software being used as well as the security level settings.
- IT departments of large organisations may filter out and discard SMMGP e-mails automatically if they are not told otherwise i.e. the e-mails may be classed as "unsolicited" unless the recipient informs their IT department that they should be allowed through.
- If the recipient mis-typed their e-mail address when registering, then SMMGP e-mails may get sent to a non-existent e-mail address.
- On rare occasions, the recipient's mail server may experience temporary problems which cause SMMGP e-mails to be lost.
Unfortunately, none of the above issues are within SMMGP's control and there is usually no indication of anything having gone wrong i.e. we can't tell whether or not the e-mails arrive successfully.
If you think you may not be receiving SMMGP e-mails for any reason, please contact us for advice on how to proceed.